E33: Let's end the debt shame game
If you were to survey 1000 people to identify a feeling they associate with their debt, most of them would say “shame”. While shame can be a productive tool for some, it doesn’t work for everyone. In this episode, we're talking about the relationship between shame and debt and how using shame as a motivator can actually work against you.
- Read | What is Shame? by Kristalyn Salters-Pedneault, PhD
- Read | Average American Debt 2021 via bankrate.com
- Read | Never Pay the First Bill: And Other Ways to Fight the US Healthcare System and Win
- Read | The Mindful Millionaire: Overcome Scarcity, Experience True Prosperity and Create the Life you Really Want
- Read | You Are Your Best Thing
- Read | The Four Agreements
- Success Achievers All-Access
Are you looking for a community of like-minded people who are just as passionate about personal development as you are? Then look no further than the Success Achievers Community. And guess what? It's free to join! Click here to connect with thousands of others around the world.
Follow us on social media!
- Click here to follow us on Instagram
- Click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Click here to visit and like our facebook page
- Click here to follow us on Twitter
- Click here to visit our Pinterest board
- Click here to follow rich & REGULAR on Linkedin
Looking to monitor your credit score? Credit Karma tracks your accounts, offers you a free credit score and gives tips on how to improve it. This way, when you're ready to buy a home, car or take out a loan, you'll know you're getting the best rate possible.
Don't have the time or patience to do all the dirty work yourself? Visit creditrepair.com. They'll help you dispute any errors, and challenge discrepancies that may be keeping your score down.
If you've seen Money on the Table and thought where'd they get that pan? What kind of knife is that? Or where do I get these glorious bath towels Kiersten loves so much? Well, look no further than our Amazon storefront. We've organized all of our recommended books, kitchen/ household, and more in one place for you to browse through.