E5: Credit card point hacking. Is it worth it? [ Show Notes]
Today, most credit card issuers offer consumers points as an incentive to spend more. These points can be used to reduce or even eliminate costs of something you’ve got your eye on….but is it worth it? In this episode, we cover:
- What “points hacking” is and the pros and cons of gamifying your spending
- Whether rewards points are a reasonable way to lower your expenses
- The unique relationship between airlines and loyalty programs
- How to convert the value of any rewards currency to dollars
Mentioned in this episode
- NY Times: The percentage of Americans with credit card debt that still try to maximize rewards
- The true value of loyalty programs compared to core operations from airlines
Are you looking for a community of like-minded people who are just as passionate about personal development as you are? Then look no further than the Success Achievers Community. And guess what? It's free to join! Click here to connect with thousands of others around the world.
Follow us on social media!
Hands down, Personal Capital is our favorite financial app. This is what we use to track our spending, calculate our net worth, and monitor the cost of our investments. The app is completely free to use and if you choose to invest with them, they have a team of licensed fiduciary advisors who can help you manage your portfolio.