E42: Things to Consider Before Relocating
According to the Chief Economist of LinkedIn, prior to the pandemic one in every 67 jobs were remote, and today it’s one in 7. This growing trend of remote work has created a lot of opportunities for more people to consider relocation for the first time in their careers. In this episode, we explore a few financial and emotional considerations to think about if you’re considering taking the leap and migrating somewhere else.
- Watch | Why more Americans are quitting their jobs than ever before
- Read | Moving expenses aren't tax deductible (for most people)
- Explore | Cost-of-living calculator via NerdWallet
- Watch | Why You Consider Moving to Atlanta (Money on the Table S2:E1)
- Research | Tulsa Remote program
- Research | Work from Aruba program
- Read | The Expat Dilemma via Harvard Business Review
- Read | Study on Expats and Trailing Spouses
- Success Achievers All-Access
Are you looking for a community of like-minded people who are just as passionate about personal development as you are? Then look no further than the Success Achievers Community. And guess what? It's free to join! Click here to connect with thousands of others around the world.
Follow us on social media!
Hands down, Personal Capital is our favorite financial app. This is what we use to track our spending, calculate our net worth, and monitor the cost of our investments. The app is completely free to use and if you choose to invest with them, they have a team of licensed fiduciary advisors who can help you manage your portfolio.