E48: It's OK not to be passionate about your job
A common piece of career advice is to “follow your passion” so it never feels like work. Well, in this week’s episode, we discuss how following your passion can impact your financial life based on a new book called The Trouble with Passion: How Searching for Fulfillment at Work Fosters Inequality. People who work in fields like healthcare, social work, nonprofits and education are known for their devotion, but conflating passion with long hours and overtime can lead to burnout and resentment. Tune in to learn more about the shortcomings of “follow your passion” and what to do instead.
- Read | It's OK to not be passionate about your job via NPR
- Read | The Trouble with Passion
- Read | Employees who stay in companies longer than 2 years get paid 50% less via Forbes
- Listen | Daniel Pink TED talk - The Puzzle of Motivation
- Success Achievers All-Access
Are you looking for a community of like-minded people who are just as passionate about personal development as you are? Then look no further than the Success Achievers Community. And guess what? It's free to join! Click here to connect with thousands of others around the world.